Last updated: February, 22nd 2022.
Contact details of the data controller:
- Sharetribe Oy
- Business ID (Finland): 2432359-2
- Address: Erottajankatu 19 B, 00130 Helsinki, FINLAND
- Internet: www.sharetribe.com
- Email: email@example.com
Contact person in privacy matters:
- Antti Virolainen
- Address: Erottajankatu 19 B, 00130 Helsinki
- Phone: +358 50 5311793
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of Personal Data
We collect Users' personal data through different means, which are explained below:
Most of the personal data we process is collected directly from the Users. Sharetribe may collect following personal data in the process of providing the Service:
- Basic information such as name, age, postal address, email address and phone number
- Details about User’s employer (name, address, phone number, ID and VAT ID) should such information be considered to be personal data
- Authentication information such as sharetribe.com username and password, and if any third party service (e.g. Facebook) is used to sign in, the user ID of that service
- Information relating to the customer relationship such as bought services, their start and end times and information on their use
- Billing information
Following data is processed by Sharetribe's payments processor (currently Paypal and Stripe, subject to change):
- Payment data, such as credit card number and expiration date
Sharetribe automatically collects and processes the following technical data about the User:
- IP address
- Geographical location data based on the IP address
- Service access times
- Statistics on page views
- Any other automatically collected technical data
Furthermore, Sharetribe may also collect other anonymized statistics about the way the User uses the Services provided by Sharetribe.
Legal basis and purpose of processing personal data
Sharetribe processes personal data for three main purposes:
The primary purpose of collecting personal data is to provide the website sharetribe.com and Services, to issue accurate charges for the use of the Services and to manage the customer relationship. The processing of personal data in this case is based on the agreement between the Customer and Sharetribe. This concerns, for example, the data collected during the signing up for the Service, during the use of the Service and the technical data needed to run the Service in a secure manner and communications with Users.
2. Marketing and other communications
Sharetribe may occasionally send its Customers (and End-Users when the relevant personal data has been collected by Sharetribe itself) email to inform about new features, solicit feedback, or provide information on what is going on with Sharetribe and its products, as well as the various marketplaces built using the sharetribe.com service. We base this on our legitimate interest to provide Users with relevant information as part of the Services and to promote our Services.
3. Service development and research
We always work to make our Services better. Therefore, we may use the User's data to improve the Services. We base this processing on our legitimate interest to grow and develop. Sharetribe may also collect technical data for statistical purposes to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics, such as about the most popular marketplaces. Sharetribe may display information publicly to others in an aggregate format that does not reveal statistics of any single marketplace. Sharetribe does not disclose personal data other than as described below.
Disclosures of Personal Data
We may disclose personal data to third parties in the following cases:
- Sharetribe may use subcontractors when providing its Services. Our trusted subcontractors work on our behalf, and do not have an independent right to use the personal data we disclose to them. Sharetribe discloses personal data to its subcontractors on a need to know basis when necessary to process such data on Sharetribe’s behalf in order to provide Services. Subcontractors are subject to appropriate security and confidentiality requirements.
- When required by law such as to comply with requests by competent authorities or in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, investigate fraud or to protect our Users’ safety or rights.
Transfer of personal data outside of EU/EEA
When necessary and to the extent required for the successful provision of the Services, personal data may be transferred to third parties outside of EU/EEA. Sharetribe or its subcontractors shall not transfer personal data outside of EU/EEA without adequate safeguards required by applicable data protection law, such as standard contractual clauses.
Cookies and similar technologies
We also use other forms of technology, such as web beacons and pixel tags, which serve a similar purpose to cookies and which allow us to monitor and improve our Services and the website.
We have divided cookies into two groups: (1) necessary cookies and (2) optional cookies. Necessary cookies cannot be disabled as the website cannot function properly without these cookies. Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website.
Each cookie lasts for a different period of time. Sharetribe uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies will last only while User’s browser is open. When the User closes the browser, session cookies will be deleted automatically. Persistent cookies will survive even after closing the browser. Persistent cookies will for example recognize the Users’ devices when they browse the Internet by opening the browser again. Persistent cookies are placed on the hard drive of their device and stored until they expire, or until the User deletes the cookies. Users are informed of these cookie expiration times through our cookie banner and can also later find these by clicking “Edit cookie consent” link in the footer of our website.
Sharetribe uses variety of cookies for different purposes. The cookies can be set by us (so called “first-party cookies”) or by a third party (so called “third-party cookies”). We may use third-party cookies for statistical purposes to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics, such as to estimate number of Users and detect which parts of the Service Users find most useful, and identify features that could be improved. For such purposes, we use third-party cookies, such as Google Analytics, to help analyze how our Users use the Service. The technical usage information (including IP address) generated by the cookie about use of the Service is transmitted to such third parties to compile statistical reports.
Sharetribe may also use third-party cookies for marketing purposes to collect information about Users' browsing habits and to remember visits in order to make advertising more relevant to that User and to their interests. These cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks and social media providers, such as Doubleclick, Google Adwords and Twitter. A list of used third parties is available here.
The User can at any time edit or withdraw their consent to optionalunnecessary cookies from the cookie declaration on Sharetribe’s website.
Retention of personal data
Exceptionally, Sharetribe may retain personal data for a longer period if we have a legitimate reason or an obligation to store data for the purposes of criminal investigation or other corresponding reason.
If a User thinks there is a problem with the way Sharetribe is processing personal data, the User has a right to file a complaint to a data protection authority in the EU. In Finland the competent authority is the Data Protection Ombudsman. The User may contact Finnish Data Protection Ombudsman through this link.
Start your 14-day free trial
Create a marketplace today!
- Launch quickly, without coding
- Extend infinitely
- Scale to any size
No credit card required