Step-by-step guides for building a marketplace with Sharetribe.
By Thomas and 3 others4 authors23 articles
Test your marketplace
Try how sign up, listing creation, search, and transactions work..
1. Create a new user accountStart testing how your marketplace works by creating a user account.
2. Publish a listingTest how your providers add their service, product, rental, or any other listing to your marketplace.
3. Sign up as a customerTest how customers use your marketplace by creating a new user profile to use for search and transactions.
4. Find your listing from the search pageUse your customer account to search and discovery the provider listing.
5. Initiate a transactionTest how checkout, payments, and reviews happen for customers and providers.
Video: Test your marketplaceLearn how your Sharetribe marketplace works in this video tutorial.
Complete your marketplace setup
Get your marketplace to a state where it's ready to be launched.
Tutorial introductionLearn how to build your marketplace with Sharetribe.
1. Adjust listing typeListing type determines how your customers and providers interact with each other.
2. Add custom listing fields and filtersWith listing fields you can determine what data is collected from suppliers and allow your customers to filter search results by it.
3. Set your commissionIf you're processing online payments through your marketplace, you can automate charging a commission from each payment.
4. Change the logo and brandingMake your marketplace look uniquely yours by changing your branding elements.
5. Edit the landing pageYour landing page or home page is important as it's the first page your users see when they enter your marketplace.
6. Edit or remove the About pageYou can have any number of content pages. In this step you'll learn more about them.
7. Edit Terms of ServiceEvery marketplace needs to have Terms of Service that its users accept when joining.
Tutorial step 9 – Edit the footerFooter links all the elements in your marketplace together. In this step you'll learn how to edit it.
Video: Complete your marketplace setupLearn how to complete your marketplace setup and get it ready to go live.
Low-code follow along videos
Learn the basics of custom development on Sharetribe.
Low-code tutorial introductionFollow 5 videos to learn how to set up your development environment and accomplish basic, low-code development tasks.
Set up a development environmentThe first low-code tutorial introduces development tools and establishes our workflow for making code changes to the Sharetribe Template.
Deploy Sharetribe Web Template to RenderThe second tutorial shows how to deploy your custom codebase to make it accessible on the web.
Change the color of success buttonsThe third tutorial shows how to make our first changes to the codebase settings using code.
Change the fontThe fourth tutorial teaches how to import font scripts and change what font the marketplace uses.
Add a Facebook/Meta PixelThe fifth tutorial shows how to add the Facebook Pixel to your codebase for tracking conversions from Facebook ad campaigns.